MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE... dON'T YA LOVE SAYING THAT? i DO... Something about this time of year that should just lighten your heart and spirits.Maybe because it is the time of year we remember the birth of our savior Jesus.He gave the ultimate gift.Yes i know this did not begin as that,so what!Now that is what it is and i see nothing wrong with taking holidays and turning them into a time to celebrate Jesus....;) after all the devil tries to take all the good things God did and making them bad...RIGHT! A fellow blogger came by and ask what was red velvet cake,so i am posting a wonderful recipe on this post for it.My blogger friend is Lee the Hot Flash Queen ,take a moment and go by! The red velvet cake is yummy and this is the closest online recipe i could find..It is VERY close.If you have not tried this heirloom recipe ,this christmas would be a great time to share with your family.Let me know how you like it.My mom always makes this cake for us and we love it!enjoy...
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients: the cake: 2 1/2 c. cake flour 1 1/2 c. sugar 1 tsp. baking soda 1 TBSP cocoa powder 1 tsp. salt 2 eggs 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil 1 c. buttermilk 2 TBSP (1 oz.) red food coloring 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. white distilled vinegar
FROSTING 12 oz. cream cheese, softened 12 oz. butter, softened 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 3 c. confectioners' sugar 1 1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Directions: 1. For the cake: Preheat oven to 350°. 2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into a medium bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Divide batter evenly between 3 greased and floured 8" round cake pans. (I only made a two layer cake, so some of my batter went unused.)
5. Bake cakes, rotating halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let cakes cool 5 minutes, then invert each onto a plate, then invert again onto a cooling rack. Let cakes cool completely.
6. For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Add sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, 5–7 minutes.
7. Put 1 cake layer on a cake plate, level off with a serrated knife, and spread one-quarter of the frosting on top. Set another layer on top, level, and repeat frosting. Set remaining layer on top, level, and frost top and sides with the remaining frosting. Press pecans into the sides of the cake, if desired. **Tip: after leveling cake, turn it upside down to reduce numbers of crumbs. I also did a crumb coat on the outside, let it set for ten minutes, then finished with remaining frosting. ~~~Chill for 2 hours to set frosting.~~~
Have a product you'd like reviewed or sponsor a giveaway?
Have a product or book you'd like reviewed and/or sponsor a giveaway?I would love to do it.I prefer it to be family friendly ,but if you are unsure let me know.I enjoy shopping,learning about new things,expecially for my home and family! I have always been the one in the family whom they ask advise too and i am humbled and proud of that.I love telling family and friends about anything i find that will help them out and be a good addition to what they use.This is one of the reasons i started blogging.For years i worked in radio and loved it!On the air and off. This is an awesome way to meet new people and keep up to date on the latest news and products that are out there.I also enjoy twitter and facebook!So i look forward to hearing from you and maybe reviewing what you have,i promise to do a through review and give honest opinions!If you are interested ,please email me my link is in my profile or leave a comment ,i will get back with you.
Christian married southern mom to 3,nanna to 5 and aunt to 4 (all 9 of lil ones age 10 to 2) and My family is such a blessing to me,also helping raise my grandkids.
Jesus is my best friend,good times and bad,he is always in control!If you don't know Jesus,please try to meet him.He is always there,just call out to him.
There is someone who is stronger than anything in this world or the next..His name is God..The way to him is through Jesus Christ.
If i can help you know Jesus ,please let me know..
People have ask ,why do i have to believe in Jesus ?I believe in God so why won't i go to Heaven,Or i am a good person,why would God send me to hell? Simple...Since the beginning of time there had to be blood sacrifice to cover sin.God can not be around sin,He just can not..To begin with it was animal sacrifice,but that was only temporary.It had to be done over and over again.Scripture promised a savior,a one time sin offering for all time.That savior was Jesus.When he was killed,he died for us,all of us!Sacrifice was done away with now.But scripture also tell's us you MUST trust that to be able to grab the promise.So .....If you are not saved,just trust in Jesus and what he did!He died for you,ask him to help you...If you believe that you are now Heaven bound and one day i shall see you there.If i can be of any help ,please let me know!
The Word of Promise Full Bible Come experience the entire Bible recorded with an all-star cast led by an all-star cast of actors, including Jim Caviezel as Jesus, Richard Dreyfus as Moses, Gary Sinise as David, Jason Alexander as Joseph, Marisa Tomei, Louis Gossett Jr., and over 600 actors contributing to this timeless work. This audio Bible is produced with state of the art audio technology. Including sound effects and an original musical score. This is a new experience in audio Bible like none before. ==== movies available also!